Topband: West Coast Openings

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: West Coast Openings
From: Greg Chartrand <w7my@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 09:33:19 -0800 (PST)
I would like to also support  the notion of giving the west coasters a break
when the band opens like it did last night. This was the best opening of the
year for me, (my antenna was off-line  until the end of Nov.). There were
several new countries I heard for the first time and could not bust through the
east/south/mid-west barrier for most of them. Its particiularly bad here up
north; even though South Californa through Oregon did well over the last
several days, last night was the only opeing for my area. In a good year, I
might get three such nights a year. Keep that in mind when you decide to work
these guys and you already have a QSL from them!

Never-the-less I logged:

OH3XR
SM4CAN
SP3BQ
OZ1DD
OZ7YY
OH2BO

Sorry you guys down south didn't have the sportlight all of  last night; that's
probably why I worked a few stations!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Greg
W7MY