Topband: Boring Report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring Report
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:22:03 -0800
The waters went down and I was able to hook up the new European Beverage.

Simply - it works.  Last night, UU4JMG was heard all evening from my sunset
until his sunrise.  There was long and slow QSB on his signal however.

RA4LW was worked early along with a number of northern European stations.

It is obvious that at least last night, I was hearing better than I was
being heard.

OH3XR was hearing me this morning - about 90 minutes before my sunrise.
Had to go back to work today, so wasn't able to stick around.

The lesson learned about the Beverage is to not worry too much about having
the antenna go down into a ravine (small canyon).  I have two beverages now
that are about 180 meters long, and go down about 30 meters in height -
and a 30 meter hill in front of them...  but they both work very well.

73 Tree N6TR/7
Boring, OR