Re: Topband: Aluminium antenna wire

To: tom@telemetry.demon.co.uk, Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Aluminium antenna wire
From: "Missouri Guy, N0TT" <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:26:18 +0000
> My 160m antenna is supported by tall trees which tend to
> move in opposite directions with the wind and the antenna life
> expectancy using multi-strand copper is short!

Tom, why not use a pully and weight at one end of your wire
antenna?  The pully would be fastened to one of the trees,
then the antenna rope through the pully and down to a weight.
Use a marine quality pully and dacron rope and the system
will last for years.

There won't be any advantage of using the aluminum wire except
lower cost.

73,
Charlie   N0TT