Re: Topband: 160 and other Contest Log verification

To: K3BU@aol.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 and other Contest Log verification
From: mstangelo@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:42:18 +0000
From: K3BU@aol.com

> exchange RST/RS (which is 99% insignificant, superflous, and also false, i.e.
> automated 599/59) were changed to a serial number or significant number which
> would require synchronization to validate a QSO????? As we all know, the
> signal
> report, in 99% of the contacts, is a farce, and the spirit of the meaning of
> the report is abused by programming 599 into a keyer.<<<

A complete QSO should include the exchange of callsigns and some meaningful
information such as a valid signal report.. Why don't they modify the rules
such that meaningful signal reports have to be exchanged and they have to match
in the logs or the contact is disqualified. This would also provide meaningful
information on the propagation between different stations and let one compare
the efficiency of his or her station with a nearby station.

I'm leary of using serial numbers because someone could deduce the received
number by  from the previous or following QSO.
Sending meaningful exchanges will improve the operator's ability to communicate.
73,
Mike N2MS