Topband: Noon time condx

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Noon time condx
From: "jon jones" <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 21:56:50 +0000
>I worked  W2GD at 1748 UTC  and signals were dropping. Earlier KE9I and
>K8EA signals were very Q5 - S7/8 signals.  Something made the propagation
>happen. Anyone have any ideas? - K1FZ

W4AN GA was fair copy to KS around 1700 UTC. I suspect the daytime 160M
prop. is related to decreased D-layer ionization due to the lower solar
angle in the winter.  WLW 700 Cinncy, OH, WBBM 780 and WLS 890 Chicago, IL
have had good daytime signals the last 2 weeks. Probably notice the daytime
prop. in the contest as high power big antenna amateur 160M stations operate
in the daytime.

- Jon N0JK