Re: Topband: W1AW

To: herbs@surfvi.com, K4ZW@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: Topband: W1AW
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 07:57:45 EST

In a message dated 2/7/2006 6:11:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
herbs@surfvi.com writes:

IMO they need to realize that they have wiped out so many DX contacts  with
their automated qrm generator operation over the years.  A more  prudent
approach for them would be to move up to 1990KHz or so which would  allow them
to continue their code practice without causing QRM to other  contacts.
The Dx-
stations overseas have no idea that W1AW is  QRMing such a large portion of
the
band, especially on the East Coast of  NA. But they are their by tradition
alone so it may be difficult for them  to do the right thing and move to a
better spot on the  band.
73

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ

Fat chance tho - I had discussed with a ARRL director 160 issues  including
this one (which effects me a great deal) and he has always indicated  hostility
to 160 because of "the ill treatment I can always count on from the  160
crowd" apparently from bandplanning discussions. He also added recently he  was
given rude treatment on air when he transgressed the DX window.  Has  anyone
else also noted their frequency on 160 moves around a bit?   1817.50 is the
published but they are seldom dead on - lately as high as  1817.56, 54 and
usually
52.  Very minor point but it makes me wonder  about the overall care and
attention to the bcasting  practices.