Re: Topband: Weak signal-fast CW

To: Greg Chartrand <w7my@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Weak signal-fast CW
From: Robert Marshall-Read <rmread@starhub.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:02:25 +0800 (SGT)
 My question is, what is the
> ideal speed for weak 160 DX? I think (for me) its about 20 WPM. Any
> slower and the QSB gets in the way. Faster makes copy difficult when
> narrow filters are in use. Is there a consensus?

Greg, I agree, the fast keying rings in bad conditions and narrow filters here
in the tropics, very slow speeds used by many and the QSB eats the signal.  20
wpm is a good compromise to hit the QSB peak and not too fast for the bad (read
always bad) conditions many of us in the middle of no where face every night.

My 2 rupiah worth.

73

Bob  YB5AQB/9V1GO

(Sent from my GPRS mobile)