Topband: Beacons

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beacons
From: "Jim Monahan" <K1PX@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:44:45 -0500
Tom (W8JI) wrote:

"Knowing the rules, what do people suggest?"

John (K1GUN) wrote:

"I can't see any REAL reason for beacons"

Since there is an interest in consensus, if they are operated legally and
according to
the band plan at 1999 KHz, that is fine.

Maybe some operations there can determine if they are, in fact, of some use.

Otherwise, I agree with these gentlemen that they aren't necessary.

We already have methods to work stations with considerable assistance that
tends to
dilute, IMHO, the working of stations through the old fashioned method of hard
work,
listening and CQ's.

In addition, the problem of interference and lack of an enforceable band plan
means that
we have to be extra careful not to create more problems then we already have.

My two cents....thanks....

73, Jim, K1PX

K1PX@msn.com<mailto:K1PX@msn.com>