Topband: 4S7NE

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 4S7NE
From: Greg - N4CC <n4cc@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 06:20:12 -0500
Hello All -- I received a QSL card from Nelson - 4S7NE with a note saying
that he was trying to operate on 160 meters but with only 80 watts and a
175 foot wire, he is not having much success.  He asked if I knew anyone
who was willing to send an amplifier to help him.  Apparently, he has a
brother in the U.S. who could ship the amplifier to him.  Ham radio
equipment is not readily available in Sri Lanka.

In talking with K8GG, George was willing to sponsor a collection for a
suitable amplifier at the Dayton 160 meter dinner.  (Anyone going to
Visalia who might also help?)  If you're not going to Dayton, you could
send a check to George and note that it is for the amplifier fund.  Or, if
you have an amp that is reliable, fairly easy to repair, and not too
difficult to ship, please let us know.

Thanks for any help you might give.  We'll post the results of the effort
and let you know what happened.  73 de Greg-N4CC