Topband: Relays

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Relays
From: "Harold Smith" <w0rihps@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:49:03 -0600
I just got out of the Hospital after spending 9 days getting treatment for my
acute asthma and bronchitis. It worked fine and I feel very good, better than
in many years.

I am using Deltrol Controls relays # 100RF DPDT 15A. Coil 12vDc. These relays
were made for Collins Radio.

I bought these from Surplus Sales of Nebraska about 10 years ago. They weren't
cheap, about $12.00 each. I use around 12 of these to switch between various
feed systems for transmit and receive antennas from 160 to 10 meters. Several
of these relays are use in the normal closed position. Some antennas are
selected with no voltage to the coil. Both contacts wipe very nice.

I had used some surplus relays before and yes I had problems with the N.O
contacts.

I have NEVER had intermittent N.O. contact, ever after not being actuated. I
was going to replace them with  12 Jennings RJ-1As. I made up the switch box
several years ago with vacuum relays. If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT.

They don't even know that the Alpha 77DX is in line.

73 Price WØRI