Re: Topband: VA7LF Trans Pacific Testing

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: VA7LF Trans Pacific Testing
From: topband-bounces@contesting.com (by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:48:30 -0400
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 00:29:58 +1200
From: Brian Miller <brianmiller@paradise.net.nz>

Hi all

A brief update on the future of the Quartz Hill (ZL6QH) station.

A wind farm is planned for the site and construction may start as early as next
summer. It looks like most or all of the existing antenna infrastructure will
have to be dismantled to make way for the project. We are hopeful about
rebuilding the station but this will depend on the level of RF noise
produced by
the wind turbine infrastructure.

So you can expect to hear ZL6QH on the bands until the end of 2006 but it is
likely that we will be QRX in 2007. In the meantime we plan to activate the
station as often as possible.

I am not sure if further LF tests are planned. I expect that Bob ZL2CA and the
LF team are considering the possibilities and will advise the LF community in
due course.

73

Brian ZL1AZE
Chair of Quartz Hill Committee