Topband: Topband tonight

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Topband tonight
From: robert briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 23:29:25 +1000
Topband was really showing its stuff here tonight with most signals from
US a genuine 599 to plus 10db.Thanks to the stations who called me as
its a real pleasure to have a chin wag for a change rather than just a
report exchange.
The band has shown a definite improvement over the past week or so on
the Pacific path,although a bit of QRN has occasionally spoiled it on
both ends.
I have been hearing a bit of the Asian Jammer these past few nights
although it is not strong at present,,But I note the lack of JA
stations.Lets hope this menace doesn't start up again.
I have finished my early morning EU quest as propagation seems to have
dropped away.I started on November 25 working the hour before sunrise
into sunrise every day until this morning.I managed to log 566 EU
contacts over the 4 months the biggest single run being 49 contacts on
the morning of March 1..
I have noted the lack of Middle Eastern and North African stations over
this period,most DX being from central,North and West Europe and Britain.
Noted is no French stations and only a few Mediterranians.
However it has been an interesting exercise and I thank all the support
I got from a few regulars who gave me encouragement.
Good Dxing to all.Bob VK3ZL...