Re: Topband: Are US Possession DX?

To: "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Are US Possession DX?
From: herbs@surfvi.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:57:49 -0400
Quoting "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>:

> Herb, you must be getting old and forgetful. :-)

Well Richard the first part is correct but I do remember as far back in the
50's when Cuba was an ARRL section.

My point here is that if they still were a ARRL section then, for the purpose
of the ARRL 160 Meter Contest, Cuba would then cease being DX. Is this what
the ARRL's CAC means?

I brought this issue up because there *is* confusion my many including logging
software gurus.  It would be nice if the ARRL would make a statement in the
rules that would make it crystal clear that "for the purpose of the ARRL 160
Meter Contest off shore U.S. Territories and Possessions are not considered
DX." If that is what the ARRL CAC really intends they could help out by saying
so.

Thanks,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ