Re: Topband: 75ohm coaxial snake beverage?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 75ohm coaxial snake beverage?
From: Felipe Ceglia <felipe-listas@terenet.com.br>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:13:47 -0300
Hi,

I wish to thanks all folks that replied my email.

Most of them where discouraging the use of coaxial BOG, so I've decide
not to go for them.

I live in a not so big, not so small lot, which is consisted of 2 lots,
each 20m per around 40m, so I have 40m per around 40m. The problem is
that the 40m side is in a slope, while the 20m sides are plain, and
parallel to europe (not bad to put dipoles, and have yagis pointing to
europe, the slope seems to help a bit).

One of the lots, the one where the house is, is densely built, the only
way to but a wire beverage would be pointing to europe, on the top of
the lot-side wall, which is already around 3 meters high, made of bricks
and some iron at columns. At the end I would have around 6 meters over a
metallic structure that supports a grating, which is around 6meter above
the ground. Not sure if that would work finely, but I may try someday.

On the other lot I have a bit more space, as there is almost nothing
built there.

I've once seen at a glance a nice and "small" rotatable flag on ON4UN's
book. I need to check that, maybe that will help me, that may even work
at 160/80/40.

Thank you and 73,

Felipe - PY1NB
felipe - at - dxwatch.com