Re: Topband: Beverage Installation Question.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage Installation Question.
From: "John Vickers" <wa4tt@nlamerica.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:39:44 -0400
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>

>I have laid out a path for another Beverage. It is through heavy brush. How
> far to each side do I need to clear the path before the law of diminishing
> returns occurs? ON4UN's book does not cover nearness to brush and trees
> that
> might affect the pattern/gain.

If not for the brush, mine would be on the ground !  I use insulated wire
and route it over limbs, hang it with small cord under limbs etc. I do keep
them straight and at a fairly uniform heighth. If brush is causing Beverage
degradation at this QTH, its not enough to warrant clearing right of way !!
Only problems here are falling debris on them. I keep them a bit slack to
lessen chance of breakage.
73, WA4TT