Topband: shunt fed verticals

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: shunt fed verticals
From: JAMESAMS88@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:08:03 EDT
I am not into 4 square vertical beams because of space  problems but I have
seen various methods of insulating verticals, many  unreliable and expensive.
But several years ago I shunt fed my one and  only rohn 6 tower at my old QTH
with excellent results. This was about  99 foot high. Is there any reason you
could not shunt feed each vertical of your  4 square.  Looks like it might be
cheaper and more reliable.  Just  curious.   James in Ames    W0NFL