Re: Topband: RG6 Coax

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RG6 Coax
From: Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:30:53 -0700 (PDT)
RG6 is good stuff for receive systems and personally, I use RG6 Quad, for all
my low
  band rx systems, beverages and K9AY loop.  Inside the shack, I just use a
friction fit
  with a PL259. Since RG6 Quad is bigger, the fit is quite good.

  However, outside I use only the weather-proof Quad "F" connectors from Radio
Shack.
  They are a little difficult to get on but so far they have withstood the
weather. I also
  use the better quality "gold" barrel connectors when I have to splice the
cables.

  It is very important to keep the moisture out as water migration will cause
the aluminum wires to corrode and form a white powder under the cable cover.

  73, Dennis W0JX/8