Topband: 80 meter bazooka

To: "Topband 160" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 80 meter bazooka
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 10:35:28 -0500
Hello everyone:

I am in a space limited environment and already have a double bazooka that
works fine on 80 meters. I also have a MFJ-949B Tuner and
a manual antenna switch. Rig is an IC-775.

I have two antennas already going to the MFJ the double bazooka and a TitanDX
Vertical. Therefore both PL-259 connectors are being
used.

I do have a random wire input to the tuner and a balanced wire input that are
open at this point.

Does anyone know of a way I can use the Double Bazooka (or something) at least
for stateside work on 160.

I realize that DX would be out of the question without, A LOT OF HEIGHT, a
Vertical, Loop or Beverage, but those are not options for
me at this point.

My only chance at this point is to somehow use the Bazooka for local calls.

Someone somewhere had said something about shorting it but if so where and how?

  73 fer nw,
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM)
http://www.ad5vj.com/

Member CTDXCC