Re: Topband: MOVE W1AW

To: wa4fki@nc.rr.com, Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: MOVE W1AW
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 09:32:12 EST

In a message dated 11/4/2006 10:48:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wa4fki@nc.rr.com writes:

>Gentlemen,

>There is no reason why W1AW is operating  there, I am sure >if you inspect
their license you would find like ours  there is no >operating frequency
indicated, therefore lets move them up to  >the middle of the band with the
other
Broadcast Station near >1850 kHz,  same the lower portion of 160 meters for DX
>operation.

>I vote  for Tom's idea... Tom, maybe you should run for >president, hi  hi.

I am far from being an anti ARRL person but I have a hard time not  believing
they could care less about 160. Perhaps it's too mainstream, "old  school"
for them as they seek to re-invent amateur radio but in my view they,  and
others, miss the boat big-time re ambivalence to 160 because it is the  only HF
band where holistic skills count and by now I hope everyone realizes  amateur
radio will never be a general interest thing attracting  millions.