Topband: Wow! Nice Opening this evening.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Wow! Nice Opening this evening.
From: Brian Moran <brianmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 22:10:15 -0800 (PST)
The Seattle area was favored with some nice propagation this evening; I saw the
DX Cluster heating up for the East coast as we were sitting down for dinner,
and after I got the kids tucked into bed, turned on the radio (about 0400z) I
heard a faint but building signal -- ZS1REC - the first time I've ever heard ZS
on 160 here in near Seattle. I know that some of the reflector readers work all
the continents by 0002z on September 1, but it was exciting just to *hear* a
ZS. I got a 'DG?' back to my calls, but was unable to complete either before or
after N7UA got in there with his huge signal.  Then he just faded away. Heard a
bunch of the usual suspects, like SM5EDX, SM4CAN, OH3XR, and worked a couple
when they weren't busy.

  Hope this keeps up!

  See you on topband,
  Brian N9ADG