Re: Topband: Double L antenna for 80/160

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Double L antenna for 80/160
From: John Tait <bravo@iol.ie>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:41:45 +0000

W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
> http://www.yccc.org/Articles/double_l.htm
>
> Anyone tried this antenna?

Yes.. It's quick and easy to deploy, works without a ground system, has
a useful amount of low angle, and has a pattern like an inverted L. It's
a good solution  for someone who can only use two
dimensions..i.e..height and length. I use a variation by N6LF  (from his
QEX article
http://rudys.typepad.com/ant/files/antenna_vertical_loaded.pdf   ). I
can use my farmer neighbour's fence line, but I can't put down a ground
plane, as it would interfere with the agricultural activities.
http://www.iol.ie/~bravo/low_band_antennae.htm    I can't use anything
that's wider than the fence, so  the "Double L"  or Rudy's "H" are ideal
solutions for such circumstances. .
  A commercial version of the N6LF   "H" antenna is sold by Force 12
http://force12inc.com/sigma80info-001.htm

Vy 73
   John EI7BA    http://www.iol.ie/~bravo/