Re: Topband: Radials on a fence

To: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radials on a fence
From: Peter Dougherty <w2irt@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:30:19 -0500
At 09:43 PM 11/21/2006, Jon Zaimes AA1K wrote:
>Peter,
>
>You didn't mention what antenna you were feeding against  this, but
>assuming it is a vertical or inverted L, I would stick with the
>wires on the ground. Anythng above ground is just likely to
>interfere with the pattern. Just add the copper to your other radials.

Yes, this will be pushing against an inverted L. What I should have
mentioned is that I can only have a radial field in about a 90-110
degree arc (west through a little east of north, and maybe 1 or two
due east). Every other direction is either not my property or
paved-driveway/house/garage - though I am considering putting a
couple of elevated radials over top of the garage roof. I can
probably put down 8-10 full-length radials and 20, 30 or maybe 40
others of varying lengths.

If it would help, I could lay a couple out around the curved
perimeter of my land, about 250 to 300' from the feed point.
Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of length available in a
straight line for a beverage. Oh well :-/

Cheers,

Peter,
W2IRT