Re: Topband: 160 mtr low signal - CW Pitch

To: rtnmi@sbcglobal.net, Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 mtr low signal - CW Pitch
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:21:11 EST

In a message dated 11/29/2006 7:52:27 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
rtnmi@sbcglobal.net writes:

was just  reading articles concerning low signal dxing and CW Pitch on the
160 meter  band. Is there one pitch better than another
for this?

Here is what  one well known Top Band DXer says:

Note: I like a very low CW pitch of  270 Hz for very weak signal DX-ing.

Please tell me what you think on  this. I have an IC-775 es hit has pitch
control so it can be  changed.

73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: BUR, LotW,  e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM

I am not sure what it is, but during my nearly 50 yrs of hamming I  have
always liked the lower pitch. There just seems to be more signal there.  Maybe
its
my ears. I use about 350 Hz here.

73, Bob  K8IA