Topband: 5A7A Crew is back in Frankfurt/Germany

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 5A7A Crew is back in Frankfurt/Germany
From: Rudi - DK7PE <dk7pe@rooody.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:57:26 +0100
Hello Topbanders,

today 15:45 UTC the 5A7A crew arrived in Frankfurt safe and sound.
Meanwhile all members are on their way back home to all parts of the world.

Many thanks for the 7652 Topband contacts during our operation! Please
have a look at our homepage (http://5a7a.gmxhome.de/) for the detailed
statistics.

The location was chosen very well and we could spread our antennas over
several hundred meters - just perfect!

The station was an ICOM 735 in connection with an ACOM 1000. The TX
antenna was a 27m vertical for transmitting and two phased pennant
antennas (150 feet apart) with a KD9SV RX-Amplifier for reception.

My experience: Usually the receiving side during a DXpedition is the
weak point. In this case it was different! I felt that the rx and tx
capabilities were almost equal!

CU on the Topband!

73s Rudi - DK7PE

The 160m OPs were:
Oliver, DL1EJA (SSB 15th. - 29th.)
Volkmar, DF2SS (SSB 15th - 29th.)
Fred, DK1BT (RTTY 15th. to 29th.)
Falk, DK7YY (CW 18th. to 29th. incl. CQWWDX)
Rudi, DK7PE (CW 15th. to 23rd.)