Topband: plasma TV RFI?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: plasma TV RFI?
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:05:49 -0500
Anyone have experience with RFI from a Plasma TV?  I recently started having
garbage interference on 160 .... loud broad buzz around 1812-1813 khz and
further up the band every 10 khz or so .... i DF'd the source to a neighbor's
house (closest one to many of my Beverages) and got permission to walk around
the outside of house to confirm it was coming from there ... owner wasn't home
but grandson said only thing new recently was a Plasma TV .... I plan to return
when the homeowner is there and seek his cooperation in solving this problem.
Will common mode chokes (ferrite or otherwise) help with this or is it
transmitted directly from the big screen? ... I found some discussion on these
on the RFI reflector but no solutions. ....73/Jon AA1K