Topband: : KH8Q and band condx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: : KH8Q and band condx
From: "LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad" <la5he@otterstad.dk>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:22:18 +0100
> This morning the nearly 40 year quest to put KH8 in the topband log ended.
> You would think it would be easy from the west coast, but every previous
> operation from KH8 has been during a period when my 160 antenna was down
> or the operation was unable to produce enough signal for me to hear.
>
> They were 559 this morning for the most part with lots of QSB. They seemed
> to have trouble hearing most of the callers and the callers had trouble
> hearing them.

Some of us would be very happy for working them on any low band.
The Aurora has prevented us from even hearing them, except one day on 80.
The Russians  and Central/South Europe seem to have no problems, judging
from the pile ups !

If somebody is talking to them, please suggest they make some efforts for
ScaNDINAVIA     14-16 UTC with at least 5 kHz
split.  20-30 DB sigs 1 kHz up kill them as they are quite weak over the
Polar path.

73

Rag  LA5HE