Topband: FK8CP and 3CX800A7 Tubes

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FK8CP and 3CX800A7 Tubes
From: "Ron vk3io" <vk3io@iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:45:15 +1100
I see there has been some discussion about Remi and his tube problems.

He did tell that the tubes he has were electrically good, but I presume he
has tried to clean the contacts.

Maybe he has been away for a few years and maybe he lives near the salt
water, so maybe he has some serious corrosion (as a result of previous
cyclones in the past 5 years or so and being in a tropical area) or maybe
the amp has other problems.

He did not say what type of amp it is, but I think it is a commercial model
of some sort and if it uses a pair of 3CX800's, it must have been an
expensive amp.

So to answer these questions, someone will have to fax him these questions.

Next time I hear him I will ask him some more questions and or send him a
fax anyway.

Such interest in his plight from the AR op's in the world may spark a more
intense effort on his behalf effort to solve his problem and get on the air
more.

Cheerio from Ron.