Topband: Question Re: Coax Shield vs. Ground.

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"Top Band" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Question Re: Coax Shield vs. Ground.
From: "Chortek, Robert L" <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:10:42 -0800
>> We really don't want the coax shield having a direct path to the
ground the antenna uses. The ground for the antenna and the antenna
should never connect to the coax.

How do we isolate the coax shield from the radial system?  My coax goes
from the amp output to the input of my balun.  One of the balun outputs
goes to the radiator and the other to the radials.  Is that what you had
in mind?  And does it matter which of the two outputs from the balun go
to the radiator and the radials?

73,

Bob/AA6VB