Re: Topband: Core Mix Revisited

To: "'Topband'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Core Mix Revisited
From: Björn Mohr <bm@broadcast.se>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 09:41:33 +0100
>I might point out that Amidon is not the only distributor of ferrites,
>although it seems to be by far the best known to Hams.  I have had very
>good service from CWS Bytemark.  I don't believe the manufacturer,
>FairRite is too happy about filling small orders for Hams.

Good point - Amidon customer service is extremely poor. I ordered 5 pc of
FT-240-61 two months ago, they wrote the wrong name on the parcel (but the
correct address). Even after several contacts with their customer service
dept they refuse to send a new package or credit me for the lost delivery.
They say I have to wait until the parcel is returned to them and re-sent to
me with the correct address. If the package is lost they will not replace it
or refund me. It is about the worst service I have ever experienced!

After a month I ordered the cores from Spiderbeam instead and the antenna is
finally up and collecting DXCCs.

Nuff about that - what replacements are there to FT-240-61 from other
manufacturers?

73 de Björn /SM0MDG