Re: Topband: Stew_Perry & CQ_callers

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew_Perry & CQ_callers
From: "Charles W. Shaw" <chasshaw@leaco.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:10:27 +0000
Hi All,

         Tree said:
>The Stew has been blessed with enough activity to make it fun,
>but not so much to make it impossible to find a hole in the band to use - most
>of the time.

         I certainly agree and will add that in the recent session, it was
plain to me here in southeastern New Mexico that the number of participants
in the eastern half of the U.S. was down--depleted by the bad weather, I
suppose.
         Also noticed was that the 1830-35 window always had room for a few
more stations to be heard here, and only rarely did I hear someone misusing
that window.  Those were probably accidental rather than blatant
disregard.  I also noticed that most of the time most stations close to the
North American mainland chose NOT to use the window.  My congratulations to
all you gentlemen, and thanks to everyone for the enjoyable evening of
contacts.

73,
Charles - N5UL
Hobbs, NM