Re: Topband: 1810 Spur

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 1810 Spur
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 08:50:52 -0800
On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 21:31:29 -0800, Tree wrote:

>The carrier on 1810 is about as strong as IV3PRK is - so I don't think
>this is it.

Near Santa Cruz, I hear 1810 strongest on the SE Beverage. Not strong
enough to hear much modulation, but fairly consistent, probably ground
wave. It's still solid an hour after sunrise. I also hear carriers about
the same strength on 1850 and 1890, both NE. At night, I'll usually hear
carriers at 1820 and 1830 too, never more than about 6 dB above noise on
the Beverage that hears them best.

My only serious QRM on 160 is the second harmonic of a 930 kHz bootlegger
-- 40 over on 1860, SE.

Jim K9YC