Topband: DXpedition Advice for Anyone

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: DXpedition Advice for Anyone
From: gm4fam@tiscali.co.uk
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:01:12 +0000
Oh how I echo those wise words below Tom!

Case in point was Vernon's recent operation from CE1:-
a) Nice steady CW - not fast, not slow
b) My callsign at beginning followed by report sent 3 times followed by my
callsign at the end
c) Acknowledgement of my report, a 73 and de CE1/K7CA

OK, so he may have been working 'only' 60+ an hour, but rest assured those
stations he worked won't have needed to call him again because they knew
he had logged them 100%.
Rather that than the 120 hr rate with uncertainty galore and multiple repeat
QSOs for insurance purposes from the stronger stations AND at the expense
of those trying to get a new one for the FIRST time!.

Oh, and I have my QSO and others with K7CA on a .WAV file which I will be
sending to Vernon if he wants to hear what his loud sigs sounded like in
Northern GM.
(When I eventually get my website up and running CE1/K7CA.wav will be featured
 as a first rate example of how to work a pileup on 160.

73 de CRIS
GM4FAM