Re: Topband: W7IUV Preamp from Low Band DXing

To: Dan Zimmerman N3OX <n3ox@n3ox.net>, topband@contesting.com,john.devoldere@pandora.be
Subject: Re: Topband: W7IUV Preamp from Low Band DXing
From: Larry Molitor <w7iuv@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:07:10 -0800 (PST)
Dan Zimmerman N3OX <n3ox@n3ox.net> wrote:
I found the problem.  The schematic in Low Band DXing lists the
unbypassed part of the emitter resistor as 47 ohms instead of 4.7
ohms.

Dan and others,

As soon as John's latest edition was distributed I started getting questions
about that resistor. I informed John about the error but never saw any
correction published. I have mentioned it several times here on the topband
reflector, but it bears mentioning again.

The preamp schematic appears in many dozens of places on the internet. The only
place you can be sure the info is correct is on my web page. The info is
contained in the "Rotatable Flag" article. There is also some info about
winding binocular core transformers, including photos.

Apparently I need to split the transformer and preamp info off into separate
articles so that they can be "googled" easier.

73,

Larry - W7IUV
DNo7dg - central WA
http://w7iuv.com