Topband: Frustration

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Frustration
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:25:51 -1000
There are good days and there are "bad" days,
This morning was copying VU7 on top band for
45 minutes, some QSB but peaking solid 569
no joy with 100watts.  Also they were 589 on
80 meters, again did not get through the EU
pile ups calling.
This sounds so much better than the last operation
where I could only hear a peep now and then
from them on any band.   If theres a way to get
word to them tell em to keep up on 160 that the
pacific is hearing them well.  I received the transformer
for my amp,  no amp.  So hope its just slow mail as
usual.
Last nite (Jan 15) band was dead, quiet here but just
a few signals on.
Also found my 1810 problem,  it is KNDI in Honolulu
coexisting with other stations on the same tower, they
admitted to the problem.  They peak S9 here 40 miles
across the water.
73 Merv K9FD/KH6