Topband: request for antenna advice

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: request for antenna advice
From: M0VEY@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 09:59:52 EST

RE Message : 4

>Message: 4
>Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 08:02:00 -1000
>From:  "Thomas Worthington" <worth@maui.net>
>Subject: Topband: request for  antenna advice
>To: <topband@contesting.com>

>I am new to 160m and have  been having trouble building an efficient
>transmitting antenna because of  a lack of tall trees.

>Do any of you have any experience with the  Cushcraft MA160V shortened
>vertical?  I have a 450 foot beverage  that works fairly well for receive so
>I am only looking at this for a  transmit antenna.

>Mahalo (thanks) and Aloha,

>Tom,  KH7CC

Hi Tom, rather than go for a commercial antenna I  would like to recommend
one I home-brewed & have had a lot of success  with.  Hopefully you have
somewhere on your house or even a mast to mount  this antenna. Mine it is at
40' but
some friends are using the same antenna  with reasonable results at 25'

      The antenna in question is a home-brewed helical, with a top loading
wire. Please check out the links below for info on how to make this antenna,
photos etc. If you require more info please drop me an  e-mail.

    Regards,

                      Phil.  m0vey

e-mail:  _m0vey@aol.com_ (mailto:m0vey@aol.com)

homebrew-helical  info: