Re: Topband: QSLing

To: BLamboley@aol.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: QSLing
From: Chuck Sudds <chuck@dxham.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:37:35 -0600
At 08:19 AM 2/15/2007 -0500, BLamboley@aol.com wrote:

Wes

Unfortunately, your experiences with QSL'ing seem to be about average.  I
have been trying for several years now to get some QSL's from many 160
meter contacts.  Many respond almost instantly but others, and some are
big-name 160 meter DX'ers, simply seem to not have the time to
respond.  Now, with the USPS proposing yet another postal increase later in
2007, all of those SASE's that these stations require, will be no good and
they will have yet another excuse for not returning our cards.

What baffles me even more is the fact that few use the wonderful ARRL
Logbook of the world!  I have only confirmed 35 states on there!  It's so
easy to use and costs almost nothing!

I too have a modest 160 meter station and am also very disillusioned about
160 being the "gentleman's band!"

Come on, guys!  Let's get those SASE's filled and mailed out!

Chuck KØTVD