Topband: Vacuum relay testing

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Vacuum relay testing
From: "Dr. Wolff Ostwald" <df2py@t-online.de>
Date: 01 Apr 2007 20:23 GMT
hi reflectees !
After long theoretic discussions i decided to grab the bull by the horns. I
took an RJ2C vacuum relay and measured the pull in voltage at about 11.4 V .
Now i set the coil either at 12 V or 27 V. I measured the DC Voltage drop
across the contacts at both different voltages.At 3 amps there is no difference
( abt 6mV drop across) at the two coil voltages. Resulting one can say that for
the Jennings vacuum relays of the RJ2 series at least there is no advantage ,
under no shock conditions, to run the relay at 26.5V.
This can be different of course for other constructions.
But finally, Tom You were right !
73 de wolf  df2py