Re: Topband: Sunrise times

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Sunrise times
From: Björn Mohr <bm@broadcast.se>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:44:38 +0200
Charles - K5ZK Wrote:

>> I use the U.S. Naval Observatory's web site to obtain precise sunrise and
sunset times. Their definition of sunrise is the time at which the upper
edge of the sun's disc it exactly even with the local horizon. <<

Being relatively new on topband (second season) I still observe and learn.
One observation is that SR often brings more action that SS. It could be the
simple fact that the Americas offers more activity that AS and OC, but it
really feels like propagation is a lot better in SR and sometimes lasts more
than 30 minutes into daylight. I'm sure there is an explanation to this,
would love to hear it.

73 de Björn /SM0MDG