Topband: End of the Season (Sigh!)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: End of the Season (Sigh!)
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:46:19 -0700
      Same here in central Oregon Guys.  I took the last of my RX antennas down
yesterday so we can plant potatoes to help feed the rest of the world. As I was
removing the 8 element RX phased array I was thinking I could just put up a 4
square for summer tucked away in the transmitting antenna field for summer.
 It was a great year here as I reached the century mark a couple weeks ago in 2
short years. I too have been truly amazed at the dedication of operators like
Remi FK8CP, Charles S9SS, and Jon DU9/N0NM  whom I worked just a few weeks ago
for the first time. I began to see how bad his RX conditions were when I was
CQing in the CQ-160 this year.
Jon came up right under me at S-9 and could not hear my 1500 watts through his
noise. Lots of JA stations were trying to work him so I moved on to another
frequency. It indeed was a stellar season for me and I look forward to seeing
what next Fall will bring.
Thanks to all.  Lee K7TJR