Re: Topband: Earl

To: "Dr. C." <k6sss@yahoo.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Earl
From: "on4ww" <on4ww@pandora.be>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 23:06:14 +0200
From: "Dr. C." <k6sss@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 6:42 PM
>I join with all you in mourning Earl's passing.
> He was a great gentlemen and friend. I will always remember his spirit of
> adveture and delight in Top Band (e.g. erecting a balloon vertical in the
> middle of the Mojave desert in 20 degree January weather or arranging an
> instant dinner get-together for Mark, ON4WW, when he came  through on the
> way to Clipperton.)

I was half-and-half planning to go to Visalia, just for the topband dinner,
and to meet Earl again. One should not plan half-and-half, life's too short
for that.

On this link http://tls.uba.be/K6SE/k6se.html you can find some pictures I
took of Earl in February 2000, en route for Clipperton, and two mails he
sent to the Topband reflector around that time. His words reflect the great
character he was, always there to help and inform others.

Tnx Earl, RIP.

Mark - on4ww.