Topband: questions about beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: questions about beverages
From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 10:08:30 -0300
Hello to all in the list,

I need reccomendations for beverages.

US is between 345o to 310o, east to west, center at 328o (degrees)
Center of Europe at 38o

I have some questions:

#1      The beverage, need to be straight in the wanted direction?
What happens for example if I start going to 5 degrees for 700 feets and
then I turn to my right to 38 degrees for the last 180 feets of my EU
880 feets beverage?

#2      The beverage can go parallel or cross over a cow fence (the
fence is by wire and supportes in wood, 2.5 ft tall) in some feets of
his lenght?

#3      In the article W3LPL on beverages, I understand that 880' is
better than 580' for a 160 mts beverage, since i don´t need great
front-to-back in my country (I think in Europe the situation is
diferent). But what about the signal, I will received stronger in the
880' than in the 580' or the same?, for example s5 in the 580' and s7 in
the 880' or not?
W8JI suggest beverages no longer than 800' for 160mts. (DXEngineering
suggest 720' in his beverage feed system manual).

#4      I will use wood supports with insulators at top to support the
cable. The idea is to not wrap the cable in each insulator, just leave
it floating trough the insulators.What about the tension of the cable?,
Where I must anchor the two ends? In the the wood and insulator at both
ends? So I will need a better support at the ends. Or will be floating
also in the ends insulators and then vertically to ground to a anchor
under the ground? May I anchor in the copper rods I need in both ends?

#5      How many radials, and how long each (in feets) must I add?

I don´t have ON4UN book yet, so will apreciate yours advices!

73,
Jorge
CX6VM