Re: Topband: Extreme directivity

To: "Ford Peterson" <ford@highmarks.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Extreme directivity
From: "Harold Smith" <w0rihps@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 19:43:23 -0500

> Bear with me on this.  I am coloring outside the lines again.  But I think
> it's fascinating to consider on Topband.

Ford,

the tube that ducted the ultra-sonic speaker audio will direct all kinds of
audio. I didn't read the
article but I don't see why they would modulate an ultra-sonic signal. Audio
frequencies should do fine.
I don't think that our brain is capable of demodulating signals

I do not believe that the 432 mHz carrier modulated by 1832kHz would produce
a signal on 1832kHz.
If it did, then we would be flooded with audio from every AM transmitter in
our vicinity. To get the 1832kHz
signal, one would have to demodulate the signal at 432mHz.

Regards....73
Price WØRI