Topband: rigs for top band

To: Top Band group <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: rigs for top band
From: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:58:27 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All, I figured I would ask the group what they thought of a few rigs.

  First: do any of you have experience with the FT-2000? How about the FT-2000
with the Mu-tune units?

  Next: the Ten Tec Orion II. I have heard this is the  king of low  band
operating. However, a friend of mine had either the I or II (cant  remember
now) and sent it back because it was too complicated.

  Any thoughts from those that have used either, or both and can compare?  The
FT-2000 seems like the most economical route at about $2500, but  once you
factor in the Mu-tune units youre right up to about what the  Orion costs out
of the box.

  Steve, KC8QVO