Topband: Robben Island Aborted

To: "Topband Reflector (E-mail)" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Robben Island Aborted
From: "Raoul Coetzee" <raoulc@smmcape.co.za>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:00:55 +0200
I am sorry to say that after a lot of preperations, packing transporting the
antennas, HF beam, linears, radios,  food, beverages (the drinking kind and
real Beverages),
going on board the boat , arriving at port  in  Robben Island, we then had
to hear that some official neglected to sign a permit (wich he had since
Wednesday to sign)
and that we had to return to Cape town harbour to sort the problem out.So
back we went, only to confirm what we expected, that nobody with enough
authority could be found on a Saterday sign a form that was stamped by the
correct official but he neglected to scribble his cross in a corner.!!
So due to red tape and poor co-operation from officials on duty this
morning, no Topband from IOTA AF064.

73,
Raoul, ZS1REC

Checked by AVG Free Edition.