Re: Topband: Project Boxes for 160 meter Preamplifiers?

To: "Nelson Moyer" <ku0a@mchsi.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Project Boxes for 160 meter Preamplifiers?
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:22:04 -0400
On 12th September, Nelson wrote...

"...Please...point me in the right direction with a Mouser catalog number
for a box suitable for housing a W7IUV or KD9SV 160 meter preamplifier."

**************************

Hi Nelson,

I've taken to having some good second looks at the different containers that
a lot of our groceries come packed in --- it's really quite incredible how
readily adaptable some of them are to Ham Radio applications, and what a
pity that they simply get tossed out with the trash when their contents are
gone.

Some examples: the Folger's coffee company makes an excellent large (red)
plastic weather-proof container with a snap-on (black) lid that is perfect
for housing tuning networks. For a weather-proof container that's shielded,
try one of the cookie tins that the different English biscuit manufacturers
pack their wares in.

The width, breadth, & variety of such things never ceases to amaze me. The
next time you find yourself in a large grocery store, just walk around
looking at the different things on the shelves...it'll really open your eyes
(and, with all due respects to Mouser et al, save you some money, too!).

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ