Re: Topband: Boring Report

To: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Boring Report
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:57:54 -0700
From: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 12:41 PM
Subject: Topband: Boring Report

> Wow - the band exploded last night.  OE3GCU, three Italian stations
> (I2ZFD,
> IV3PRK and I2TAO), G4AMT, SM7BIC and SM7DLK (from memory) and also heard
> HB9CIP and PA3FQA.
>
> Some of the signals were peaking 579 and my K3 was even able to decode
> G4AMT's CW when he came back to KC7V:
>
> http://www.kkn.net/~tree/160/G4AMT.jpg
>
> This is very early in the season to hear this big of an opening to Europe.
> Hopefully a sign of even better things to come.  Signals were coming in
> over the pole.
>
> No sign of 3B7C here yet at sunrise.
>
> Tree N6TR
> Boring, OR

I was listening to everyone in the Pacific Northwest with envy last
night, Tree. Not a peep of any Europeans down here in Southern
California. I guess Arizona got a piece as I heard AA7A working
someone (might have been G4AMT) and looks like KC7V got in
on the fun as well.

The best opening European opening  I experienced last season
didn't occur until mid February. I hope us SoCal guys don't have
to wait that long this year.

73, Mike W4EF
Tujunga, CA (near Los Angeles)