Re: Topband: IC-7000 or IC-706 mod for converting second ANT port

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: IC-7000 or IC-706 mod for converting second ANT port
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:59:46 -0700
VK2CCC wrote:

---

has anyone done modification to IC-7000 or IC-706xxx model converting

(unused) UHF antenna port to RX-only port to be used with beverages, K9AY
etc. on low bands? I would like to avoid adding an external box & relay for
switching between RX/TX antennas.

If you get stuck finding a mod, check out KD9SV?s turnkey DXped II model
preamp/switch with transceiver protection (available via
http://www.radio-ware.com):

Ø  Works with Transceivers with no RX input LIKE THE icom 706.

I just purchased one of these Bad Boys to use with my TS-480 which also has
no separate RX jack.  The unit also has a switch for up to 4 separate
beverages, RX loop, etc.

Excellent, prompt service from RadioWare, BTW.

73?

Rick, K6VVA