Topband: VE3 Conditions 2-XI-07

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: VE3 Conditions 2-XI-07
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:39:26 -0800 (PST)
Eddie, try being a few hundred more miles to the West, so that you are at the
in-between hops position in the black RF hole of Michigan...  I get to listen
to you working EU  and K9DX working EU and the best that I can hear is a slight
disturbance in the Force.  I get to listen to the east coast telling the dx
they are 10 over, and I can't hear anything but noise...

  Last night was a bit different... David over in England was calling CQ and I
could hear him,right the noise level but R5... A couple of strong east coast
stations called him and he CQ'd back in their faces...  The Titan III was still
in warmup cycle so hoping he wouldn't pack it in before the amp could warm up,
I called David on 100 watts, and son of a gun he came right back to me...  On
the second go around the bubble of propagation that he was riding began to sag
and with the help of the amp we completed the QSO... Then he slid back to R2-3,
in and out of noise... A while later he was gone... So, once in a while I win
one, but not very often...

denny / k8do