Re: Topband: One way propagation

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: One way propagation
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 06:14:44 +1300
Tom Rauch wrote:
> I'd like to do an experiment.
>
> I have a few mirrors or refractive pieces of irregular
> shaped metal to make a multiple hop path between two points.
> I have a LASAR to simulate the ray.
>
> Can someone tell me how to position the reflectors so the
> light only goes between the same two points in one
> direction?

Have you ever thrown a coin into the bottom of a shallow pool, Tom?
Move away from the vertical far enough and you no longer see it, as
total internal reflection takes place.  Get someone to stand where you
were and jump into the pool.  Put your eye where the coin is, and you
will see your friend.

One way propagation!

Your experiment above won't work because you need glass, not metal.

73, Greg