Topband: noise 160m

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: noise 160m
From: "Bruce" <K1FZ@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:29:57 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: topband-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:topband-bounces@contesting.com]
On Behalf Of calle.jonsson@sverige.nu
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 2:51 AM
To: topband@contesting.com

Bruce, I´m in a rural location far away from tele-towers so I don´t think
so. You can hear the sound  at www.kolumbus.fi/juha.kajava/lurputus.wav
It seems that the noise get stronger the farther north in SM you come,
whereas it`s not heard in souther Sweden (SM7BIC). My guess is that the
noise comes from somewhere in northern Russia. But what is it?
73 Carl SM6CPY

Hi Carl,
My "oink" noise that was outside of 160 and 80 meters has stopped. It was
quite wideband. I was thinking it was coming from a Cell Phone site which is
located about 400 feet from my QTH.  The sound was quite similar to the one
that you described.  Thought possibly it could be coming from similar
equipment. ( Possibly Frequency Sweeping--wide/narrow ??)

Hope you success finding your noise.
Bruce-K1FZ